In times of soaring home energy costs and global concern with escalating levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, Odyssey represents the greatest advance in home cooling since the advent of air conditioning.
Odyssey is Australian technology based on the functionality of Edmonds’ award winning hybrid vent technology, as used in the industrial ecoPOWER product.
Odyssey is a controlled air cooling system designed to reduce home temperatures to desired levels during summer whilst consuming as little as 55 watts of power. It utilises the natural temperature differences between day and night plus the energy storage capability of the home fabric to provide a pleasant home environment. During trials of prototype technology in a series of homes over seven years, temperature reductions of up to 5?C were achieved.
Odyssey also boasts a BOOST function which enables the owner to activate the system at any time for a period of two hours to ventilate a home and remove stale air and cooking odours.
- Reduction of summer temperature in the home, particularly during the critical evening period.
- Removal of stale air, odours and allergens from the home.
- Reduction in the incidence of mould and mildew formation within the home.
Features and Benefits
- Low running cost. Expected to be less than $30 p.a. per system.
- Extremely quiet operation.
- Hybrid vent technology allowing the wind to be harnessed to reduce operating costs.
- An air extraction rate from the home of 2,000m?/hr.
- Fully automatic control with user override options .
- Accurate sensors for monitoring internal and external temperatures.
- A roof space directional valve to direct ventilation from either the home or roof space in accordance with control directions.
- A BOOST option to enable the user to ventilate the entire home when required.
- An estimated annual reduction in power usage for the average NSW home (190m²) using a 3kW air conditioning system of 1580kWh.